- American Water Works was already founded in 1886 and serves as a water and wastewater in more than 46 states in the USA and Canada. AWW is the largest publicly traded water company in the United States in terms of customer base and revenue.
- By constantly taking over small regional water utilities, AWW is also expanding its market position, increasing sales and creating long-term synergies – quite a smart and efficient acquisition policy.
- The business activities of AWW are ultimately divided into market-based and regulated business areas: The market-based activities consist of the Homeowner Protection Program and the Military Services Group (provision of water and sewage services for military facilities). The regulated activities consist exclusively of water and wastewater services for private and commercial customers.
- As the largest water utility in the U.S., American Water Works is always exposed to regulatory and political risks. In addition, water rate increases are set by law and determined by the respective public authorities.
- Over many years, the share has been highly valued in terms of P/B and P/E ratios. Thus, the dividend yield is also significantly below the current inflation rate.
USA – Water Utility